What’s New In Milvus 2.2.3
We are proud to announce the release of Milvus 2.2.3 on behalf of the Milvus community. The 2.2.3 release contains a few new features and many improvements. This blog post will highlight some of the more prominent features. For a complete list of changes, check the release notes.
- 📦 PyPI: https://pypi.org/project/milvus/
- 📚 Docs: https://milvus.io/docs
- 🛠️ Release Notes: https://milvus.io/docs/release_notes.md#223
- 🐳 Docker Image: docker pull milvusdb/milvus
- 🚀 Release: https://github.com/milvus-io/milvus/releases/tag/v2.2.3
One of the highlights of this release is the introduction of Rolling Upgrade support, an essential capability of highly available systems. A rolling upgrade allows you to upgrade Milvus without noticeable service disruption and with minimal downtime. Again, tying with the HA theme, this release includes the Coordinator High Availability (HA) feature to allow Milvus coordinators to work in active-standby mode and ensure a short failure recovery time of no more than 30 seconds.
In addition, there were several enhancements added to the following features:
- Memory usage reduction
- Optimization of monitoring metrics
- Performance improvements for Meta storage
Please note that Milvus 2.2.3 also included a breaking change where the maximum number of fields in a collection was reduced from 256 to 64 (#22030).
Summary In addition to all of the features listed above, Milvus 2.2.3 includes several bug fixes and improvements. To learn more:
Take Zilliz for a spin with our free 30-day trialStart Free Trial
Share this article