Real-time data ingestion for your RAG applicationsUse this integration for Free
Zilliz and Airbyte: Stream Data To Build Real-Time, Ai-Driven Applications
Airbyte is a game-changing, open-source data pipeline platform alternative to traditional solutions like Stitch Data and Fivetran. While other data pipeline platforms may boast a plethora of integrations with renowned sources such as Stripe and Salesforce, they often need to pay more attention to the integration needs of more minor services.
However, Airbyte fills this crucial gap by developing and maintaining connectors and fostering a vibrant community of users who can leverage each other's custom connectors. It's common practice for companies to build their tailor-made connectors to support their unique applications. Airbyte's open-source model encourages collaboration and mutual support among organizations in maintaining these connectors.
By seamlessly facilitating the transfer and processing of data, Airbyte unlocks a whole new realm of possibilities for real-time, AI-driven applications. Take, for example, the Milvus and Zilliz Cloud integration which empowers the creation of real-time semantic search across data sources like customer support systems, enabling the system to deliver relevant information to users instantly. As a result, the reliance on support agents is significantly reduced, leading to a remarkable enhancement in the overall user experience. This integration can also be used to build RAG applications and Generative AI chatbots.
Key highlights of the integration include:
- Efficient Data Transfer: Airbyte seamlessly transfers data from various sources into Milvus/ Zilliz, enabling on-the-fly vector embedding calculation and streamlining data processing.
- Enhanced Search Functionality: This integration boosts semantic search capabilities within vector databases. Utilizing embeddings, the system can automatically identify and present closely related content based on semantic similarity, which is invaluable for applications needing efficient retrieval from unstructured data.
- Simple Set-Up Process: Setting up a Milvus cluster and configuring Airbyte for data synchronization are straightforward, as is building applications using Streamlit and the OpenAI embedding API if desired.
How the Milvus Destination Connector Works
How Airbyte and Zilliz Cloud and Milvus Integration Works
There are three parts to the Milvus destination connector: -** Processing **- first, you determine which data you want to use and chunk the data to fit the context window properly
- Embedding - convert the data into vector embedding
- Indexing - store the vectors in the Milvus vector database (or Zilliz Cloud) for similarity search
Check out this tutorial to learn how to use Zilliz Cloud and Airbyte to build a classical semantic search application with data from Zendesk.