Find answers to frequently asked questions about the usage of Zilliz Cloud. If you cannot find the answer to you problem here, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why can’t I connect to the database after the database is created?
You can identify the problem by following these steps:
- Check if the database status is AVAILABLE. You cannot connect to the database if the database is initializing, deleted, or when its IP whitelist is being updated.
- Check if the IP address of your connection is included in the IP white list.
- Test the connectivity of the port by running
telnet in01-<xxx>.<region>.vectordb.zillizcloud.com 19530. If the issue remains unsolved after all above steps are tried, please contact our support team at email@example.com.
What should I know when I set IP address white list?
- You can deploy a group of databases in one project so that you can set a unified IP white list for the group.
- For the convenience of connection after the database is created, a default IP
0.0.0.0/0is added to the white list. The default IP can be deleted.
- Each account has a
Default_project. You can manage your databases under it if you do not have many databases.
- The IP white list is project-level. It takes effect on all AVAILABLE databases under the project.
- If a database is changing its status from STOPPED to AVAILABLE, the IP white list of the project will take effect again.
Why can’t I delete a project?
Default_projectcannot be deleted.
- A project with database(s) in it cannot be deleted.
- You cannot delete a project that does not belong to you.
What’s the difference between root user and other database users?
- Root user has the full privilege within the database.
- The password of root user is set when the database is created.
- Root user cannot be deleted.
What is the user “zcloud_root” for? Can I delete it?
DO NOT delete the cloud administration user "zcloud_root", which is used by Zilliz Cloud to detect the activity of the database and identify issues.