Deploy a Vector Database
This topic describes how to deploy a vector database in Zilliz Cloud.
Zilliz Cloud is developed under Transport Layer Security (TLS), and is dedicated to providing secure communication solution over a computer network.
Enter Create Vector Database page
Click Create database button on the homepage of your Zilliz Cloud account to enter the Create a vector database page.
Specify database name
Specify a name for your database in the Name bar.
Database name limits:
- Length: 1 to 32 characters.
- Components: Upper case letters, lower case letters, numbers, or special character
Select a project for your database in the Project dropdown list.
You can create a new project by clicking Create new project in the list. After specifying a name for your new project, click Create Project.
Select cloud service provider
Select the provider of your cloud service. Only AWS is supported now.
Select the region of the cloud service in the Region dropdown list. Only
ap-southeast-1 is supported now.
Select database type
Select the type of the database to be created.
You can choose the 30-days free trial of the Standard small type to have a free experience of Zilliz Cloud.
- Each Zilliz Cloud account can have at most ONE chance of free trial.
- The free trial expires after 30 days. The system will inform you 3 days before the database expires.
- The free trial will be upgraded to a standard Zilliz Cloud database after expiration if a valid payment method is added to the account and the payment is successful.
- Please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need multiple databases, type upgrade, or extension of free trial.
Specify root user password
Specify a password for root user of the database. Each database has a root user, which has the supreme privilege to grant applications or users access to database.
Database user password limits:
- Length: 8 to 64 characters.
- Components: Upper case letters, lower case letters, numbers, and special characters (any three of them).
- Special characters:
Create your database
Click Create database to proceed.
You will be re-directed to the home page when the database is successfully deployed. You will see a card which represents the database you have created. The initializing process will take a few minutes. The database will be ready when its status changes from Initializing to AVAILABLE.
Q: Why can't I connect to the database after the database is created?
A: You can identify the problem by following these steps:
- Check if the database status is AVAILABLE. You cannot connect to the database if the database is initializing, deleted, or its IP whitelist is being updated.
- Check if the IP address of your connection is included in the IP white list.
- Test the connectivity of the port by running
telnet in01-<xxx>.<region>.vectordb.zillizcloud.com 19530.
If the issue remains unsolved after all above steps are tried, please contact our support team at email@example.com.