Deploy a Vector Database
This topic describes how to create and deploy a vector database in Zilliz Cloud.
Zilliz Cloud is developed under Transport Layer Security (TLS), and is dedicated to providing secure communication solution over a computer network.
Click Create database on your Zilliz Cloud homepage.
Name your database
Specify a name for your database in the Name bar. Keep in mind the following limits for database names:
- Length: 1 to 32 characters.
- Components: Upper case letters, lower case letters, numbers, or special character
Select a project
Select a project for your database in the Project dropdown list.
You can create a new project by clicking Create new project in the list. For more information, see Manage Projects.
Select a cloud service provider
Select a cloud service provider to host your database. Only AWS is supported now.
Select a region
Select the region of the cloud service in the Region dropdown list. Only
us-west-2 Oregon is supported now.
Select a database type
Select the type of the database to be created.
A Standard Small database is available for a free 30-day trial so that you can get started.
- Every Zilliz Cloud account can use the 30-day free trial offer for one time only.
- The free trial expires after 30 days. The system will inform you 3 days before the expiration date.
- The free trial will be automatically upgraded to a standard Zilliz Cloud database after it expires, provided that a valid payment method is added to your account and the billing is successful.
- Please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need multiple databases, type upgrade, or extension for your free trial.
Specify a password for the root user
Specify a password for the root user of the database. Each database has a root user that has the supreme privilege to grant applications or users access to database.
Keep in mind the following limits for user passwords:
- Length: 8 to 64 characters.
- Components: Upper case letters, lower case letters, numbers, and special characters (any three of them).
- Special characters:
Create your database
Click Create database to proceed.
You will be re-directed to the homepage when the database is successfully deployed. You will see a card that shows information about the database you have just created. The initializing process will take a few minutes. The database will be ready when its status changes from Initializing to AVAILABLE.
Q: Why can’t I connect to the database after the database is created?
A: You can identify the problem by following these steps:
- Check if the database status is AVAILABLE. You cannot connect to the database if the database is initializing, deleted, or when its IP whitelist is being updated.
- Check if the IP address of your connection is included in the IP whitelist.
- Test the connectivity of the port by running
telnet in01-<xxx>.<region>.vectordb.zillizcloud.com 19530.
If the issue still remains unsolved, please contact our support team at email@example.com.